Another year has gone by while another exciting year ahead calls for fresh, novel and intriguing ideas, elements and finds in the design world!
To start the year in a cheerful mood, Pantone, the world’s leading trend forecaster has named a vibrant pink called ‘honeysuckle’ the colour of the year! This is a fun, feminine and positive colour that’s great to use in any room in your house as a focal wall, or simply as an decorative accent, from a statement chair to a couple of throw pillows. You can get the look of the year with just a few brilliant finds.
If pink is not your cup of tea, then check out some of the other leading colours that are hot this year:
– Blue is making a striking comeback. Look for deep shades of blue, including Benjamin Moore 2122-30 Cloudy Sky, 2131-50 Nimbus Gray and 2135-40 Province Blue.
– Gray is still the neutral alternative to beige, my favourite finds are Benjamin Moore: CC-490 Smokey Taupe and ICI 20YY 57/060 O’Keefe Grey.
– Refreshing Yellows and Greens are an uplifting palate for just about any room in the house. Check out Benjamin Moore HC-2 Beacon Hill Damask or ICI 70YY 66/130 Habitat.
– The rustic French country look that derives its style from the typical artisan bakery also shares many of the similar materials and finishes as the above two looks. This look is typically characterized by its raw woods, carrera marble countertops and white subway tiles.
– The Eclectic-unique style is one that combines the new and the old while merging some astonishing pieces, from artsy finds to vintage classics. This look can be a merger of the industrial with soft, colourful and textured goods.
Whatever your style, taste and look, have fun with it, be bold, and merge the unexcpected while combining what is fresh, new, old and vintage.
(Photo credit: Frederic Sierakowski / Rex Features)